Sunday, April 6, 2008

Listen

Are you ever hungry to just sit and listen to the comforting drone of a good song? It happens to me quite often. It's almost a necessity when I fall into certain moods. It's a beautiful addiction and a deeply satisfying meal when I indulge myself. Right now it's Aqualung that's massaging my eardrums. But the reaction I have to the music runs past my ears into...well, into what? Is it my soul? How is it that listening to some good music causes deep down pleasure? It's almost tangible within me. There's nothing else happening right now. My husband is off enjoying time with some friends. It's about dusk here. All I need in the world right now is to sit and fall into a place where nothing matters but what I'm feeling. That feeling is peace. Watching the color of the day slip into a beautiful night. My heartbeat slows and seems to sync itself with the music. My breathing becomes a drowsy rhythm. I love his piano. Being alone has become a blessing for now. I don't need to think about much. I can forget where I am and who I am- not that I don't like these things. My eyes are becoming heavy but lighter at the same time. I want to close them, not to rest them, but believing I'll see more this way. I love this pocket of time. I just wanted to share it. I hope that you take time to have moments like these to center youself in the middle of routine. Allow yourself to tap into that romantic artistic side of your soul , even if for a moment. Don't bury it with the world's distracting business.

No comments: